Description: HD-50 is a fast setting, fiber reinforced, latex-modified, heavy duty, one component concrete patching material requiring only water to mix and apply. HD-50 is a cement based compound having similar characteristics to normal portland cement mixes and is compatible with portland cement concrete.
HD-50 is designed for the repair of heavy duty surfaces such as concrete highways, bridge decks, parking structures, airport runways, freezer rooms, industrial and warehouse floors, and loading docks.
HD-50 is a pourable material and is not designed for vertical and overhead patching, unless the repair is formed.
- Can be opened to use or traffic within 60 minutes.
- High compressive strength quickly – over 2,000 psi in one hour.
- Resists salt penetration and damage from freeze/thaw cycles.
- Contains no chlorides or magnesium phosphate (not a chemical concrete).
- Meets ASTM C-928; Specification for Very Rapid Hardening Cementitious Repair Materials.
- Non Corrosive.
- Compatible with Portland cement concrete.
- Aggregate extension – Up to 60% on repairs greater than 2 inches (5cm) deep.
- When using less than one bag always dry mix the full bag prior to each use.
- DO NOT apply at temperatures below 40°F (5°C) without following the cold weather concreting procedures outlined in ACI 306. For application in temperatures below 45°F (4°C), best results will be obtained by warming the material and mix water as well as the substrate. Colder temperatures will extend the setting time and warmer temperatures will reduce the setting time. At 70°F, the initial setting time is between 15 and 20 minutes.
- DO NOT featheredge. Do not re-temper the mixed material or use admixtures.