Description: Regulatory-compliant cast iron Detectable Warning Plates from Neenah Foundry offer appealing aesthetics, exceptional longevity and freedom from maintenance. By using Neenah’s Detectable Warning Plates, specifiers can be confident that the critical warning message will be delivered for the lifetime of the installation.
Neenah Detectable Warning Plates provide a durable cast iron solution for warning visually
impaired people of pedestrian obstructions and hazards.
Exceptional Durability & Superior Performance:
Combine the exceptional durability of cast iron and its ability to adhere to concrete
Eliminate maintenance problems that are associated with the wearing, pealing, cracking and delaminating of non-iron materials
Qualified design professionals can effectively use Neenah’s detectable warning plates in their plans to meet current ADA and ABA guidelines
- Recommended to be furnished and installed in their natural unpainted state for best long-term, maintenance-free performance and aesthetic appeal
- Unpainted plates will develop a permanent patina that will remain the same throughout their lifetime
- Powder coat paint is available upon request. Most common colors are federal yellow, dark gray and brick red.
Coefficient of Friction
Excellent non-skid characteristics comply with all ADA and ABA guidelines. The measured coefficient of friction is 0.9.
Neenah Recommends Unpainted Plates:
Upon exposure to moisture, the cast iron plates will form a temporary iron oxide scale, which is a normal part of the oxidation process. Following this, your warning plate will darken to a patina, which is permanent throughout the life of the installation. Look at manhole covers in the street to see how the color matures.
- Precision 2-foot square plates
- Allows easy, accurate tiling
- Cover large areas with smooth, even seams
- Radius sections also available
- Low-maintenance cast gray iron
- Excellent wear resistance — virtually indestructible
- Cast iron far outlasts competitive substances
- Natural patina provides ample visual contrast
- Can be installed in minutes into prepared concrete
- Plates easily set in wet concrete
- Integral lugs ensure solid attachment
- Cap head screws can be added for extra anchorage
- Reusable lifting springs simplify the installation process, include Lasting Formand Function
- Excellent non-skid characteristics (0.90 coefficient of friction)
- Highly resistant to snowplow damage
- Excellent adhesive properties to concrete
- Attractive natural finish requires no maintenance
- Optional powder-coated finishes available: federal yellow, optical white, brick red
Detectable Warning Plates are available in three modular sizes: 24” x 24” square,
24” x 30” and 24” x 36” rectangular.When bolted together, plates can be combined for
various lengths...most commonly, 2’x4’ and 2’x5’ sections are installed
Please specifiy finished installation size when ordering.