Description: East Jordan Iron Works’ Detectable Warning Plates are cast from long-lasting, hard-wearing, corrosion resistant gray iron. Our DWP’s are designed to withstand rigorous urban conditions such as snow plows, street cleaning machines, and vehicular traffic.
They will last many years with little or no maintenance.
EJIW’s truncated dome shape and spacing is compliant with ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Detectable Warnings. EJIW plates have a patent pending slip resistant texture, and feature a coefficient of friction rating greater than 0.8.
The gray iron plates in their natural state will develop a pleasant dark patina that visually contrasts with the adjoining sidewalk. Its attractive natural appearance will complement other cast iron street and sidewalk products such as manhole covers, drainage grates, and tree grates.
To further enhance your streetscape EJIW’s plates can be customized with special lettering.
EJIW’s plates are ideal for newly constructed pedestrian ramps, and they can be retrofitted into older curb ramps by cutting out the existing concrete.
Features and Benefits:
- Worry free maintenance
- Compliant with ADA Accessibility Guidelines
- Slip resistant textured surface — Greater than 0.8 coefficient of friction
- Excellent for high volume pedestrian traffic
- Naturally contrasts with surrounding sidewalk
- Easy installation, no special equipment or training
- Made from recycled materials (“LEED” Compliant)
- Saves time and money over the long run
- Cast iron: durable, reliable, proven
- Many sizes available in stock
- Radial sizes available; 5’ increments up to 35’
- Custom lettering available
- Made in the USA
Resistant to the elements
- Cast iron’s inherent resistance to the elements, snow plows, and snow melting chemicals makes it a natural fit for northern climates.
- Long-wearing cast iron
- Impervious to vehicular and snowplow traffic
- Corrosion resistant
- Permanently embedded into concrete
12” x 24”
18” x 24”
24” x 24”
available in 5’ increments
Build YOUR Own Width